Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Mutual Fund - First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund

Last year, I made my first mutual fund purchase.

It was with the First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund (FMSALEF).

I started small, just placing a little over their minimum of Php5,000. I had saved up Php6,000 from my minimal workers salary for the first 4 months in my job. It was really teeny-tiny since after the 2% sales load, I was left with Php5,880 to invest, but I was really excited with it. Anyway, that money bought me 3,990 shares at 1.4735 NAVPS (Net Asset Value Per Share).

I have made subsequent purchases of SALEF after that. As of last Friday, June 20, the NAV for SALEF was pegged at 2.3544 per share. My Php6,000 is now worth Php9,394.05. That's 56.6% return after a year and a month. :-)

Not bad, really. Considering a time deposit would give me only 3.5%.

-----------

Important:

I am not directly affiliated with First Metro Investment Corporation. If you want to get more information about their products, you can visit their website at www.fami.com.ph.

Cheers!

No comments: