Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Mutual Fund - Prudential Optima Fixed Income Fund

My first ever mutual fund was with the Prudential Optima Fixed Income Fund.

For my first investment, I shelled out Php10,000 (min. investment is Php5,000). 2% was taken out as sales load so I was left with Php9,800 to purchase the shares at 1.2133 equivalent to 8,077.14 shares.

So let me see, as of July 20, last Friday, Prudential Optima was worth 1.4041 per share. My Php10,000 is now worth Php11,341.11. That's around 13.4% return in 14 months. :-)

Im happy.

------

Important:
Contents of this post is personal and does not endorse Prudential Optima. For information about their products you may visit their website at
http://optima.prudentialife.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My balanced fund gave me 20% return. I bought it last February. Same investment of 10k

edzmaya said...

Hi,

Thanks for dropping by.

I have also bought some shares of First Metro's Balanced Fund lately.

Cheers!

Fina Garcia said...

hi edzmaya,

how are you? i just start investing in prudential optima last month (Feb2008).

i am just new in investment and savings.

do you already have a mentor? how did come about in investing in prudential optima mutual funds?

be very blessed,
fina

Mutual Fund NAV said...

Really appreciate you for coming with such a great information for investors. Hoping you will be there with more updates on investments.

Anonymous said...

Edz nice experience....hope you can help me...my emailadd stillkool08@yahoo.com