Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Mutual Fund - First Metro Save and Learn Balanced Fund

July 20, 2007.

I bought some shares of First Metro's Balanced Fund. At that time, the NAV was pegged at 0.9995 per share. However, First Metro doesn't sell below Php1.00 per share so I bought at 1 peso.

Php40,000.00 less 2% (sales load) got me 39,200 shares.

Market is really really shaky because of the subprime lending scare. So now, I have losses in both of my FAMI accounts. As of last Friday, my balanced fund has a NAVPS of 0.881.

Now let me see. My shares worth has shrunk to Php34535.20. The current market situation ate a huge 13.662% of my initial investment. Yikes!

I must admit, I am a bit worried, but during trying times, common sense is my best friend.

I told myself, "Stick to your plan, stick to your shares, your journey is just about to begin."

Yeah I'd like to think of this as the first speed bump in my journey into the world of investing.

3 comments:

M said...

Gwapa! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a nice day.

tentative said...

This is a very interesting blog, Eds; good advice on personal financial management. I'm learning a lot!

You should check out my good friend Ron's blog (http://lesrondee.blogspot.com). You might be interested in econ posts related to yours (he's a market analyst). He posts on classical music din.

Belated happy birthday gali (saw Melai's comment). I'm linking your blog to mine. =)

mutual funds india said...

Thanks for these information on mutual fund.